Community Health Fair & Family Carnival
Christ met people where they were. He stretched out his hands, meeting real, physical needs—healing those with physical and spiritual disabilities.
One Saturday each September, Scranton Road Ministries reaches out a hand of healing in the name of Christ. Our annual Community Health Fair and Family Carnival is as much about providing healthcare services as it is about showing genuine concern and care to our neighborhood.
The Health Fair provides free medical screenings and services of all types, and the games, food, and inflatables give the event a fun, family-oriented flavor.
But the Fair brings together more than just the residents of the neighborhood. It also joins over 20 churches, medical organizations, hospitals, and business in a common mission, not to mention dozens of local healthcare professionals.
This event truly brings together the Body of Christ for a need that is so near to Christ’s heart.
These exciting results came out of the most recent Community Health Fair, in September 2013:
- Community-Wide Participation: While over 250 volunteers staffed the event, more than 500 residents of the neighborhood received screening services, not counting the community members who simply came out to join the fun.
- Free Health Services: Event staff performed more than 1,000 free health screens, testing blood pressure, glucose levels, cancer indicators, and HIV risk, to name only a few.
- Identifying Potential Risks: Over 177 abnormal results were discovered, including many potential risks for diabetes and heart disease.
- Healthy Meals: Volunteers served over 400 nutritious meals during the event.
- School & Health Supplies: 326 school and health supply kits were distributed to students for the upcoming year.
We sincerely thank those organizations and individuals who partnered with us to make this event possible. As we look to the future, we hope to reach even more members of the community with the healing touch of Christ.